Abandon All Fear

What nobody else seems to be saying…

[Smear Campaigns] Cleared Terror Suspects

Posted by Lex Fear on August 5, 2006

The Daily Express reported yesterday that Mohammed Abdul Kahar (the cleared suspect shot in a terror raid last month) has been questioned over child-pornography allegations.

“Mohammed Abdul Kahar (right) – wounded in the shoulder as armed officers stormed his home – was arrested when he went to a police station with his solicitor…

…Kahar, 23, was interviewed over images allegedly found on a computer at his house in Forest Gate, east London, in June…

…The brothers were arrested after a tip-off that a cyanide bomb was stored in their house. No trace was found and the men were released without charge…

…They had planned to sue the Metropolitan Police and insisted that the shooting was either deliberate or reckless.” – The Daily Express

This scenario should seem familiar because it was only April when another innocent terror suspect, Jean Charles De Menezes was cleared of rape allegations.

“DETECTIVES are investigating claims that Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes carried out a rape three years ago…

…A woman has come forward claiming the electrician, who was mistakenly shot dead by anti-terror police at Stockwell tube station last July, attacked her in London…

…The de Menezes solicitor Harriet Wistrich said the Independent Police Complaints Commission, which is handling the probe into the 27-year-old’s shooting, asked her several weeks ago whether a DNA sample could be taken for the rape investigation…

…”I pointed out that a sample could not be taken without the consent of the family or by order of the Court”…

…A Metropolitan Police spokeswoman said today: “The victim of a rape in the West End of London more than three years ago contacted us earlier this year and provided the name of an alleged suspect.” – The Sun

I find it interesting that the Metropolitan Police were keen to release details of alleged sexual offences for both of these victims of over-zealous terror law enforcement. It’s also interesting that both victims/families had raised a media storm, and were or are considering suing and making claims against the Met.

Is this a new PR damage limitation procedure? I wonder how long it will be before we see a quiet press release clearing Kahar of these charges?

Tags:

Add to del.icio.us

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

 
%d bloggers like this: